Thursday, September 25, 2008

Shivraj Patil defends himself

Is Mr Patil weak? Any weak kneed person would have given up the post long time ago. It needs a person of thick skin to waive off the death of 5000+ Indians (97% Hindus) and say, my leader (Sonia) has confidence in me. What about the victims of terrorist attacks Mr Patil? What about the orphaned children? what about the widows? What about the families that now are cursed with a life of poverty because they lost their bread winner? What confidence should they have in you Mr Patil?

Shivraj Patil reacts to being perceived as a weak Home Minister.

New Delhi, Sept 25 (PTI) “If I shriek and shout, if I abuse people, if I frighten you or if I misuse law, will I become a strong Home Minister?” This was Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil’s response when he was asked during an interview to ETV to comment why he was perceived as a weak home minister. Patil, who has come under flak for the way internal security has been handled, described terrorists as “misguided brothers” and said everybody was the fruit from the same seed.

“Some brothers are misguided and some reformed. Some are cunning and some simple,” he said.
The Home Minister had raised eyebrows for changing three sets of clothes on the night of Delhi blasts earlier this month. He had reacted to such reports saying “Main so gaya, main patte khel raha hoon, main daru peeke baitha hoon, main dance club jaata hoon toh aap mujhe dosh dijiye (Blame me if I am sleeping (on the job), playing cards, drinking and whiling away time and frequenting dance clubs)”.

Patil, in the course of the interview, wondered how he could be dubbed as a weak home minister when during his tenure in North Block the number of incidents and casualties in terrorist acts and other violence have come down and law and order has improved. “Figures will bear testimony to what I am saying but still I am termed as weak,” he said.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/20/20080925/1416/tnl-shivraj-patil-reacts-to-being-percei.html

No comments: